Saturday, October 10, 2009

Dr. Christie's - Google Earth


I really enjoyed how easy it was to find information on Dr. Christie's site about Google Earth. She has information about what you can find on Google Earth, lesson plans for Google Earth, and how to use Google Earth in the classroom. Google Earth can be use for students to find information about a certain location. They can find roads, 3D buildings, street view, borders and labels, traffic, and weather. They can even find information about national geographic, news agencies, travel and tourism, dining, lodging, shopping, schools and hospitals.

I would use Google Earth mostly for Social Studies and Science. I would have each student find a differents location across the world and find all of the above information on it throughout a project about other cultures or our local information about where they live. I think this would be of great interest to the students. Google Earth can help students visualize the world around them as well as keep them interested and excited about what they are learning. I think Google Earth would be a wonderful tool for technology in my classroom.

1 comment:

  1. Good post..I loved how the site was easy to find information too.

    ReplyDelete