Sunday, September 13, 2009

Michael Wesch: A Vision of Students Today

Michael Wesch: A Vision of Students Today


Overall this movie depicts my college experience pretty accurately. I didn't read very much in my text books. For the most part I didn't use the text books that I bought in college, I learned mostly through class lectures and studying notes given in class. I did have $20,000 in student loans when I graduated that I'm still paying on. The estimated number of hours spent sleeping, eating, studying, watching t.v., and etc. were mostly accurate for me.

When I was in college my classes were never larger than 35 people, and we didn't bring laptops to class. I didn't even have internet service when I was attending college, and I only graduated 5 years ago. I didn't know what facebook was until this past year. I also feel that probably 90% of my teachers new my name.

I would take longer pauses on the information given to make sure the people watching the video can have a chance to absorb the information. I would also have the writing clearer when focusing with the camera. Maybe show stacks of textbooks next to stacks of laptops. Or even show the movie following the average students day!

No comments:

Post a Comment