Saturday, September 5, 2009

Improving Podcast/Videocast

I feel podcast and videocast can be so helpful in education. Being able to see and hear what others around the world and country have to say about a particular topic gives a more global perspective than the isolating opinions we have in our own towns and schools. I enjoyed listening to all the opinions and found myself agreeing with them in their views of being a tech literate teacher.



While watching last semester's videocast, Tech Literate Teacher, I found a few things I would change to make it better. First I would have everyone try to coordinate their clothing color to the best of their ability. My eyes were mostly drawn to Dr. Strange because he was wearing a bright green shirt. Then to the other two ladies wearing bright clothing. I think seating everyone where we can be seen better when talking in their discussion could have been better. I also feel that some of the students dominated the conversation, I liked what they had to say, but feel that there should have been a little more participation from the quieter students.



I enjoyed looking at the Langwitches Blog, I saved it to my favorites for a resource when I work on my podcast. I liked how detailed her information is on preparing, planning, and creating a podcast. My favorite section was the preparing students, she gave more insight on the sound tone, expression, and volume. This will be the most helpful to me. I listened to the podcast of the different grades. I was impressed at the tone and expression of their voices. I think picking the right music can help the mood you want for your podcast topic.



I found the article on 100 Ways to Use Your iPod to Learn and Study Better gave a lot of helpful information in using the podcast. My favorite section of the article was the podcast and more. I am excited to use this sight and have it on hand when I need it. Smithsonian Global Sound, The Education Podcast Network, Brain Quest, and Teach Kids Valuable Lessons with Free Sesame Street iPod Videos are several sites that I plan to check out in more detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment