Sunday, September 13, 2009

Mr. Fisch Blog


I found Mr. Fisch's post so inspiring, I am realizing through this class that it is more important to be a technologically literate teacher than I once thought. I read a lot of the comments on his blog and one lady said how just integrating PowerPoint into the classroom is not being a technologically literate teacher and I totally agree. Before this class I would have thought that using PowerPoint in the classroom would have been enough, but now I see it's not!!!

I've always know the basics of how to navigate around but not as in depth as I'm currently learning. The comment about parents being proud of not being good at Math rings a bell with so many parents that I've been around. My own mother who is still young, brags about not knowing how to turn the computer on. In the past few weeks, my sisters and I have her learning the basics and she now has email and facebook. I see that everyone no matter what you do should try to keep up to date on as much of the technology as possible. Even though I teach 3 year olds, I'm trying to think of ways to integrate it into my classroom. I am so thankful to be learning, it can be difficult at times, but overall it is well worth the pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment