Saturday, August 29, 2009

Sir Ken Robinson: The Importance of Creativity

I really enjoyed hearing what Sir Ken Robinson had to say on the importance of creativity. I agree all the way with what he said about finding what the children are interested in and are good at and let them flourish in that area. If the child finds what they are passionate about they will succeed and enjoy their life's work. If you enjoy what you do it is worth putting your time, effort, and hard work into it.

I feel that it is so true, that we all start out with creativity when we are born and gradually lose it with age. I do think children take chances and are alright with being wrong, and as educators we should not allow them to feel ashamed. I have always felt that we should encourage children to use creativity and not shame them for being different. I lose track sometimes of this and am refocused now on allowing my own children and preschoolers to explore their creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment