Sunday, August 30, 2009

Podcast









I listened to six different audio podcast today :

SmartBoard Lessons Podcast
KidCast
ConnectLearning - David Warlick
EdTechtalk
MacBreak Weekly
This Week in Photography

I found that many of these podcast were similar in their introduction. They started with music and introduced themselves. Several of them gave us their location and the date. Some of the podcasts audio were clearer than others, and some you could barely hear them through the static. One of the ladies had to turn her volume up so the audience could hear and that made a big difference. MacBreak Weekly sounded like they were radio hosts, and one had been a D.J. before. Some had voices that were more pleasing to listen to than others.

Most of the podcast started their episodes by talking about personal events, then they progressed into the topic of the day. Some topics were more intriguing to me than others. I enjoyed listening to Ben and Joan from the Smartboard podcast, they kept me interested in their conversation with each other and the topic of the day, interacting math movies in the classroom. Kidcast with Dan Schmit was the most helpful podcast in that he gave the most insight in when to use audio podcast or video podcast. He was easy to listen to and explained the information very well to the audience.

I also enjoyed the format that David Warlick use in his ConnectLearning podcast, he involved his workshop by asking them questions and them responding immediately on the podcast. I found it enlightening to think of children as being fearless about technology because they live in a technology world. It is the adults that are scared of change. Technology is normal to our young children, and I agree it gives them the ability to be creative in their work and makes them more responsible for their work when they know their peers will be viewing their work as well.

I did not enjoy listening to EdTechTalk. The audio was not working right in the beginning and they didn't seem to have their stuff together. I felt they needed to do more research on their topics and how to do a podcast. They were very boring and I couldn't wait until the 10 minutes were up! MacBreak Weekly had very nice music and voices, they easy to listen conversation with each other and the audience. They sounded professional. This Week in Photography had people from all over the country talking with each other in the podcast, I found this interesting. The topic however would only be of interest to someone in the photography field.


Overall I found listening to the podcasts helpful for my future podcast adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment