Sunday, November 1, 2009



ACCESS is a distance learning plan created to give equity through additional educational offerings for all Alabama public high school students. This program allows high school students to choose a class not offered at the school such as German or French, instead of the typical Spanish. Each student in the class would have access to a laptop notebook. The school has to have all the certain equipment for the program to work. The students will attend a class where they are being led by a teacher on a computer and the teacher is relaying the work to the students by a smartboard. There are cameras set up for the teacher to view the student's homework as well. The students can use these classes to get dual credit. The classes are offered for the advanced students.

The ACCESS site gave information for teachers or schools to find information about registration and course catalogs. It also had other resources available as well as technical support for the program. I would not use this program since I have my degree for K-6th grade. If I were to teach high school, this would be a great program. When I was in high school, I think that I would have enjoyed access to classes offered outside of my school.

2 comments: