Sunday, November 1, 2009

ALEX



ALEX stands for Alabama Learning Exchange. In this site a teacher can find so many useful tools. There are several links including: Courses of Study, Web Links, Lesson Plans, Search, Personal Workspace, Professional Learning, Podcast Treasury, and Help. In the Courses of Study, a teacher can find what the state department wants teachers to teach for each grade level and subject. This will help guide the teachers to stay on track during the year. Web Links has 3 categories: Teacher Web Links, Administrator Web Links, and Student Web Links. Each of these categories has very useful sites for education. In the Lesson Plans category a teacher can click on the subject and grade level they need to find specific lesson plans. Once you get to the right subject and grade level, the site has clearly labeled which course of study is covered and other helpful sites to go along with the lesson plan given. The Search category is helpful when you need to search fro something specific. You have to sign up to work in the Personal Workspace area. Te Professional Learning site has links to help teachers stay on top of their professional development as well as useful sites for teaching. The Podcast Treasury has links to educational podcast.

When I have taught in the past I used ALEX to help me find courses of study and lesson plans. Now they have updated this site with new informaton such as the Professional Learning, Web Links, and Podcast Treasury. I would use their lesson plans to help me find creative plans for the proper course of study. The way they have their site organized is very helpful for teachers. I like all of the web links they give teachers to help them find educational information. I would use the Professional Learning site to give me information to stay on top of my professional development. I also think the podcast treasury would be useful to me to find educational podcast on a particular subject that I would be teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment