Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Personal Learning Network


A PLN is a personal learning network, where a person can contact others in various ways to gain topical information. This can help a teacher throughout her teaching career.

At the beginning of November I joined a site called ProTeacher Community. This site has many topics, ranging from Chat Rooms, Blogs, Pre-K to Middle School, and the basic subjects, all the way to Special Education. Teachers from all over the world join, ask questions and others respond. I really enjoy reading the previous questions and response post. However no one has responded to mine! I asked for help with a 3 year old child that has severe behavior issues. I have received nothing. I also sent a question about good ideas for easy craft projects for my 3 year old preschool class! I still received nothing!

I'm sure that as time goes by and I keep posting responses and questions that eventually I would be able to connect to one person. But I feel like this particular is basically like a PLN all in itself, you just have to join and participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment