Sunday, November 8, 2009

Michael Wesch


I found Michael Wesch's lecture to be entertaining as well as thought provoking about YouTube and our culture.

In my personal life, I rarely get on YouTube, I've been on their twice ever! I just don't have time to sit and watch the computer. But if I had extra time, I would probably get on their more often. When I say, "whatever", I'm usually meaning it doesn't matter to me. It does seem that our culture is becoming very self-absorbed. Everyone thinks they need to be a star and stand out. Everyone wants to have their own identity, which is good. But everyone can't be a star, but some do get discovered when otherwise they may have not had a chance.

Since I've been in EDM 310, I've had many assignments that required watching videos on YouTube. Most of them have been very useful and helpful in my learning. Before this year I had never heard of YouTube, and I maybe got on the computer once or twice a month. I can see how useful it is for learning and connecting with others.

For the my future teaching job, YouTube will be beneficial to have students express themselves in their work. As these college professors and their students do more research on the socialization with the media, it will help us understand how to integrate media in a more balanced light in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment